Monday, April 2, 2012

Playground finder

If you have an iPhone, live in Australia and have children then you need this app - "the playground finder app".

Today I had to attend an event to do with a fundraiser for my kinder, and it was not in my neighborhood. So instead of dragging the kids there, boring them (and probably myself) half to death, then dragging them home again, I thought we could make a day of it and visit a park. So naturally I visited www.playgroundfinder.com, one of the most helpful websites I have EVER come across. So imagine my feeling of absolute delight when I saw they'd made it into an app.

Basically it is s catalogue of parks around Australia that have been ranked and reviewed by families who have visited them. It tells you if there's toilets, seats , bbq's, shade, bike paths etc. it also shows you on a map where it is and you can read reviews from other parents. SO good. And if you're really keen, you can even add parks that you have found.

So there you go if you haven't already, then go and check it out.

Here are some pics of the app and where we went today. Fantastic.

Ps. If you have any favorite apps helpful to parenting little ones, I'd love to hear from you.

No comments: