This slice is amazing. Just like the yummy cakey apple slice you buy from the bakery. Seriously.
I found this via Pinterest. Pop on over to the original source and see her tutorial (with pictures) on how to make it or here is the recipe.
2 cups plain flour
2tsp baking powder
1/2 cup sugar
1 tin of apples (no added sugar) or 2 cups if you really keen and make it yourself.
- Preheat oven to 180C and prepare your tin (something around this size will be fine 27x13cm tin
- Place flour, baking powder, sugar and butter in a food processor and give it a whizz.
- Then add the egg.(Note: If you don't have a food process I used my hand held whizzy stick thingo. I think you could also rub it together with your fingers but i haven't tried it). (Another note: the mixer is very crumbly).
- Halve dough and roll out one portion for the base of your tin.
- Put the apple in next and roll out the second portion of pastry for the top.
- Brush the top with some milk (which i forgot to do) and sprinkle some caster sugar over it.
- Bake for 25minutes
- Cool in tin (apparently if you try to cut it before it's cool it will crumble everywhere).
And just to prove that it is easy and can look like the pics from the original site here's my piccy of my slice.
mmmmmmm mmm mmmmmm mm.